Day of the national natural heritage at Lake Günz
In the framework of the German wide Day of the national natural heritage we offer a special day at our nature paradise at Lake Günz on 9th of May 2017. You are very welcome.
From 8 to 16 o’clock you can participate in different events around the topic national natural heritage and the site lake Günz and meadows. We would like to welcome you. A registration is not necessary.
- 08:00 – 10:00 Birdwatching excursion along the national natural heritage site (meeting point: parking area near the KRANORAMA)
- 10:00 – 16:00 Visiting the KRANORAMA near lake Günz
- 10:00 presenation: “Why are Lake Günz and meadows part of the national natural heritage?” Introduction into the national natural heritage, lake Günz and meadows, work of Crane Conservation Germany.
- 10:30 presentation: „Crane fascination at the KRANORAMA“
- 13:00 – 14:00 „Barbecue and chill“ at the KRANORAMA
- 14:00 presentation: „Lake Günz and meadows in the future – is a rewetting of the area wise?” Presentation of results of special soil investigations around Lake Günz.
Crane – Geocaching on Whitsunday 2017
On Whitsunday (4th June 2017) a special crane geocaching will take place for the first time. At this day you and your family are invited to look for different mysteries around our cranes. In the surroundings of the Crane Information Centre, several hints are cached, which can be found with help of GPS devises. Each answered question brings you to a new coordinate and finally you can reach the finish. Successful participants can expect amazing prizes.
As some GPS devises can be loaned at the Crane Information Centre, we ask you for a prior registration. Everybody can participate - even those people that never used geocaching before. If necessary, we can give you a short introduction. We ask for a fee of 5 € per group. The geocaching event is running from 12 to 14 o’clock and starts at the Crane Information Centre. A full round is taking approximately one hour. The award ceremony starts at 15:30.
Annual meeting of Crane Conservation Germany in 2017
The annual meeting of Crane Conservation Germany will take place in 2017 in Lower Saxony. From 17th to 19th of November 2017 crane friends from all over Germany will meet and discuss of the main topic “Cranes and tourism”. The meeting place will be situated at the “Moorwelten-Centre” in the Diepholzer Moorniederung. Guests are heartly welcome as well. The conference fee will be approximately 45 Euro. More information will follow soon.